The building is now known as "The Verona"; the name is carved on a stone panel beside the main entrance in President Street.
However, according to an early description of this elegant building in the Brooklyn Daily Eagle, the building was originally called "The Sheldon", after its owner:
Brooklyn Daily Eagle, February 2, 1889, p. 4 ("New Flats")
Sheldon was a prolific builder in Park Slope and we will be seeing much more from him shortly. A few of his buildings are protected in the current Park Slope Historic District, but a great deal of his work lies outside the current boundaries.